Sunday, May 30, 2010

I made home-made Whole Wheat Bread with Mary Ann (Momma Swens)


I have the best mother-in-law in the world! She is one of the classiest women I know! She is a mother of 8 children (7 of the 8 are boys) and one heck of a cook. Since I've been married to Sam she's invited me over on many occasions to cook with her. We've made home-made pies (TO DIE FOR), home-made jam (TO DIE FOR - I will never buy Jam from the store again), dried Carmel apple bites (I don't know what the name is), chocolates and now home-made whole wheat bread. It is the best bread I've ever had! 
When I cook home-made food with her it makes me want to get good at cooking, and make it a skill that I can use the rest of my life...She’s taught me, Not only does cooking from home save you a ton of money but it tastes sooo good and is so much healthier for you. AND, it is appreciated by all who eat it.
I really look up to MaryAnn...She is incredible! She teaches me all sorts of things about cooking, food, purchasing food, gratitude and life in general. She is a self-less person and would give someone her right arm if they needed it. From day one she has made me feel nothing but welcome in her home and I love that about her. I really want people to feel that way when they come into my home.  I feel truly blessed to be her daughter-in-law. I’ve made some great memories cooking with her and I look forward to many more to come.
Here are some pictures of us cooking up a storm…

 I am reallly focused - lol.
About to be baked...
The finished product...Something to be proud of :)

1 comment:

  1. Thats awesome! There can be nothing better than having a great mother in law and learning to cook from someone like her is great. Fun memories you two will have :)

    ReplyDelete